Views
Helpful
Replies

VMware View ActiveX download with Clientless VPN

pascal.lepesant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am in the procces of setting up a ClientLess VPN to access VmWare VDI Server. In fact it works fine if the end client already has the VMware View Client ActiveX already installed. Smart-tunnel for porcess (wswc.exe) is active.

But if a new client logs to the view portal, the VMware View ActiveX needs to be downloaded, but IE doesnot prompt to Accept and Install the ActiveX.

Anybody solved this issue or can help me with this activeX issue.

ActiveX Relay is enabled.

Thanks. Pascal

3 Replies 3

jgibb
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a resolution to this issue? I am also seeing the same behaviour on an ASA running 8.0.4 and VMWare view client. Thanks.

-Jake

thomsmith
Level 1
Level 1

I tried the same thing.  Untimately determined I was running into CSCsx68765, VMWARE webapplications (view/vdm) do not work with smarttunnel.

Has anybody been successful in implementing the workaround?  After establishing the clientless SSL vpn connection and (...auto...) starting the smart tunnel, I launch the VMware View client and get an error message "The View Connection Server authentication failed.  A secure connection to the View connection server can not be established."

fbarnett
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here. We migrated from Aventail to Cisco and this worked with Aventail. Cisco told me I was hitting the bug you mentioned. Our only workaround is to have the users install the client manually.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: