Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest access with redundant WLC

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

If I have a second WLC (4400 or 5500) I can use ACS to backend user accounts. This is fine for company users and when a WLC fails and the redundant one takes over it is still pointing at the same user database. The problem is guest access. The customer wants to use the lobby fuctionality for receptionists or other trusted users to create guest access accounts. Without getting them to create the accounts twice (once on each WLC) I cannot see a way to get redundancy. It would obvioulsy be OK if they could create guest accounts on the ACS but there is no simple lobby type function for ACS (or is there ?)

Thanks

Pat

2 Replies 2

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Have you looked at the lobby ambassador account setup in WCS? This will allow you to configure guest accounts and push them to the controllers and then the traffic to a mobility guest anchor controller via an EOIP tunnel. I have some good config guides for this if you would like them.

Yep, WCS Lobby Admin would give you a single point of creation, opposed to making user names on each controller.

The NAC Guest Server (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5707/ps8418/ps6128/product_data_sheet0900aecd806e98c9.html) I believe also can be used this way.

As for ACS, I'm not aware of a "lobby admin" type feature....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card