cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for ideas how to add a 9 infront of numbers stored in Corp. Dir in CUCM 7.1.2

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, like to the group if anybody has a idea how to add a 9 in front of any phone number that is stored in the corporate directory (which is pulled from AD).  We use 9 to get access to an outside line for dialling.  We have over 3000 entries and I wanted to find a way to prepend a 9 to just calls make via the directories button. Should I use a translation pattern to accomplish this?  If so has anybody done this successfully?

Thank you for you input and time.

Cheers,

John P

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

UCM treats calls made from the XML-based phone directories no differently than a call made by a user. If you want to add translation patterns in the device-level CSS that adds an access code, it will apply to all calls made by that user. I would not recommend doing this. This "EditDial" requirement is one of the compelling reasons for the E.164 dial plan introduced in UCM 7.0 and [partially] documented in the SRND. Transitioning to it is a sizeable undertaking though.

Thank you Jonathan, I have been training the users to use the edit dial method but I just thought I would see what other people are doing.

John