cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Client "Connected(Limited)" when registering

Michael Murray
Level 2
Level 2

When I start my CUPC client it looks like it registers with the CUPS server but that's it. I get a "Connected(Limited)" status and I can't make any calls. The server health screen (attached) shows that I've downloaded the config (TFTP) ok but I can't connect to the Presence server. It cycles through "Connecting (Primary)" and "Disconnecting (Pending Retry)". The Presence server status screen shows the right server and I can ping the server from the PC by using the server name. I'm not using DNS though. Not sure if it matters but I'm resolving the name by using a local host file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Go to CUPS > System > Security > Incoming ACL.  Add an ACL with the following:

Description: All

Address Pattern: All.

Regards,

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Go to CUPS > System > Security > Incoming ACL.  Add an ACL with the following:

Description: All

Address Pattern: All.

Regards,

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Michael,

I do not think it is Access list problem. I think there is no Digest credentials under the users in CUCM.

The "ACL" is to bypass the digest credential check.  Otherwise, you'll have to configure digest credential for every CUCM user.  It's not going to be fun without BAT. 

Michael

You are the Boss Michael, I thought the default for ACL to allow. Is it deny by default??

One more thing, even if he add the ACL or Digest, the word limited will remain. unless he integrate with LDAP. true or false ?

You're right.  When there's an outstanding item in "show server health", CUPC will show "limited".

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: