Linksys spa 942 losing missed calls records on hangup

Unanswered Question
Nov 25th, 2009

Hello Comminity

I have 40 linksys spa 942 running on asterisk. The phones are running on 4.1.18 firmware.

If there are missed calls and the user lifts the handset and place it down, the information for missed calls disapper on the screen. I want to stop this, that the missed calls only dissapear from the "home" screen when the user goes through them. This is causing an inconvinience in that if the user gets a call while on another call, then hangs up, all the missed call records dissapear.

Pls Help

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ChrisCogdon Fri, 11/27/2009 - 19:38

As far as I can tell, it's not possible. The only option you DO have around missed calls is to enable or disable the "Miss" shortcut that appears. In either case, once you do anything else with the phone, the indicator that there were missed calls disappears.

As a consolation, you can easily get to the missed call screen with "Setup 3 3"

mutukundeti Sun, 11/29/2009 - 21:30

What is "setup 3.3"? I presume you mean pressing the missed calls button. How will one know there are missed calls?. Is the a work around for this?

ChrisCogdon Sun, 12/13/2009 - 13:27

By "Setup 3 3" I mean "press the setup button - it looks like a page", then "3" then "3". It's a quick way to get to the "missed calls" screen.

It's not what you want, though. You want an explicit action to clear the "you have missed calls" message, such as actually going to the missed calls screen, rather than some other action. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, this is not possible without a coding change to the phone's software.

Actions

This Discussion