Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Error

leo_zidane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an ACS 4.1. Recently my ACS encountered some problems i did a restoration from my server and users are unable to autheniticate. The failed authentication shows "Internal Error". There are no specific explaination on this error code. Did anyone encountered this before and how to resolve it?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Leo,

It seems that authentication is failing due to internal error. As we are getting "Internal error" there can be many
reasons for this error message..Most of the times this occurs when we have permission issues.  We need to extract package.cab file from the ACS server to know the exact cause of this error message.

Please help me with the following info:

[1]Are you running ACS on member server or domain controller?
[2 When you say restoration, do you mean reinstalling the ACS software and the restoring the database?

If that is the case, did you follow the ACS installtion document on member or domain server?

[3]Are you running ACS for windows or ACS solution engine?

HTH

JK

~Jatin

Hi JK,

It seems that authentication is failing due to internal error. As we are getting "Internal error" there can be many
reasons for this error message..Most of the times this occurs when we have permission issues.  We need to extract package.cab file from the ACS server to know the exact cause of this error message.

Please help me with the following info:

[1]Are you running ACS on member server or domain controller?

The ACS is on a separate machine from the domain controller.

[2 When you say restoration, do you mean reinstalling the ACS software and the restoring the database?

The ACS is actually on VM instance however the VM faces some problem and the ACS is recovered but however when users

try to authenticate it shows internal error under failed authentication. The ACS configuration are still there and services are up.

If that is the case, did you follow the ACS installtion document on member or domain server?

[3]Are you running ACS for windows or ACS solution engine?

ACS for windows.

Thanks

Regards,

Leo

Leo,

In order to run ACS on Vmware you should have the following configuration:

VMWare ESX Server Support

ACS 4.1 has been tested on the VMWare ESX server with the

VMWare ESX Server 3.0.0

16 GB of RAM

AMD Opteron Dual Core processor

300 GB hard drive

Four virtual machines

Windows 2003 Standard Edition

3 GB of RAM for the guest operating system

Please ensure that you have followed the instruction before installing ACS on member server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/installation/guide/windows/postin.html#wp1041304

Please follow the below listed steps to generate package.cab file:

- Set the logging level under System Config => Service Control => logging level = FULL.

At this point, we need to duplicate the issue or wait for the problem to occur again

follow the instructions below AFTER the problem has been recreated and recorded:

- Log onto the ACS server itself as the local administrator.
- Browse to the BIN directory in the ACS program directory.
- Run the program there called CSSupport and Click NEXT.
- Only do these steps if we need more than today's logs:
-- Put a check in both "Previous Logs" checkbox.
-- Select the number of days to go back.
- Click Next two times.
- When the Finish button appears, click it.

The package.cab will be found in the UTILS\Support directory under the ACS program directory and attach the file in your next post.

HTH

JK

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: