Views
Helpful
Replies

isdn pri dialup for remote users for accessing lotus server

manivelengg
Level 1
Level 1

Sir,

we have configured isdn pri as a dialup in cisco router to remote users for accessing lotus domino server(for mail access) from our end.whenever a client access my end lotus server through isdn dialup,then they are downloading only few mails from our end after that no mails are transferring from my server to their end server(due to heavy load).

is any way to decrease the load in isdn pri dialup?

Plz tell me a good solution.

I

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Maniveleng,

depending on your configuration every remote user can have access to one or two B channels each able to carry 64 kbps (max 2 if they are using an ISDN BRI to access the ISDN network, more are possible if they use a PRI but this is unlikely).

if 64 kbps or 128 kbps are not enough for your application needs there is few you can do.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

sir,

only one client accessing my lotus server through isdn pri dialup.i want to give full isdn speed to that customer.

Is any way to give full speed to my customer in cisco router?

i have attached my cisco router configs.Plz check it and reply me as soon as possible.

im waiting for ur reply.

Hello Maniveleng,

if the user uses also a PRI you should add

int dialer 0

dialer load-threshold 1 either

this should allow to use all available B channels providing better performances

Hope to help

Giuseppe

sir,

remote side users dials by analog modem(i.e connected to PSTN  telephone line) and they will get an ip from local pool in our cisco router.

they did not have seperate isdn pri line.

they have only analog modem and accessing my server through isdn pri(my end).

Hello Maniveleng,

I'm afraid there is little you can do to improve remote user experience if they use dial-up analog modems.

SW developers are no longer taking bandwidth as a limited resource

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: