Auto-Answer on ATA or FXO

Unanswered Question

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

I have a requirement to have an analogue device that auto-answers. In CUCM 4 you could activate auto-answer on the ATA DN within CUCM, and now with CUCM 7 I see this has gone.

How could I get an analogue device to auto-answer using an ATA or FXO card?

We have paging system that basically needs an open audio channel and has no signalling support.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
asandborgh Tue, 12/01/2009 - 12:04

Not sure what type of paging system you are using, but if you have an FXO port available in some cases you can just connect the FXO to the paging system.  Set up a dial-peer with a destination-pattern (say *5) and assign it to the port.  When you dial *5 it should sieze the port and dial out the digits (yes you will likely hear the DTMF go out the paging system), but you should be able to page through it with this simple config.

This Discussion