cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to charge my own logo in Cisco 7911 phone

reg_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I made a logo to 7911 phones but I would like to charge it when the phone stars and no when the user choose it in preferences oh the phone.

How can I do it. Thanks.

11 Replies 11

what is your cucm version

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Call Manager 7.0.2.20000-5)

Use the Cisco Phone Designer.  Read the release notes to provide you how to install and enable the application.

I can't download Cisco phone designer because I haven't the CCO needed to download it.

Can you contact your authorized Cisco reseller and ask them to d/l the application for you?

No, I can't.

I need another solution

Ok, here's another down-n-dirty solution.

I presume that you got your phones from an un-helpful Cisco authorized reseller.

Get a handful of s/n of your phones and create a TAC case with it and request for the Cisco Phone Designer to be emailed to you.  During the creation of the TAC Case Cisco will ask you (in radio buttons) something in the words like, click here if you are sure you have a valid service contract number and someone will get in touch with you.

The Cisco contracts team will verify the authenticity and if it is authentic the contracts team can insert the valid service contract number to your CCO account.  Finally, you just furnish them ALL of the s/n of your phones and they can verify and add.

Hope this helps.

A lot of problems to get a program that won't even help him, don't you think?

Phone Designer 7.1 only changes the ringtone on 7911G, read the RN.

Also the background image is stored in the phone, there is nothing in the startup process to tell it to change or use another background image.

The info is not even in any file CUCM sends to the phone.

java

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

You're absolutely right.  I forgot what a CP-7911 looks like. 

Me bad.

alijames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There is currently no way to do this either automatically or remotely for multiple handsets, without writing a script to simulate pressing the buttons on the phone, which someone has done on here previously, but it was a bit clunky.

For the larger screen phones, 794/6/7x, voipintegration do their Background Deployment app, which is OK, but is still a manual 'push', although you can push to a Device Pool, or a complete Cluster and for $89 not a bad option, however, it currently does not support 7906/11 phones which is a bit of a pain, as we have these as ~60% of our deployment.

I currently have an enhancement request in with the BU via our Cisco SE to get an option to change the default background on phones included in UCM, similar to the setting of the default firmware etc, but don't hold your breath...

I still find it incredible that such a corporate focussed company like Cisco has not yet implemented this type of branding mechanism within the UCM infrastructure.

Cheers,

Alistair

I've working with CCM 4.1 four years and I think remember that it was possible to charge logo in the starting process of the phone.

I don't think that won't be possible in CUCM 7.0.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: