Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402 and WCS

r.robins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have 3 WLC 4402 all with identical config and we have been using Lobby Admin to create guest accounts.

Problem with this is that the guest account have to be created on 3 WLC.

I have install WCS and want to know how to pull the 3 existing wlc's and their config into the WCS.

Also can the lobbay admin then create accounts on the WCS and have them push to all wlc's

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

king.jason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi RR,

>I have install WCS and want to know how to pull the 3 existing wlc's and their config into the WCS.

This is fairly easy. You need to add a new controller under the configure->controllers page.The 'Add new controller' option is in the drop down box in the top right hand side of the screen. You can use a comma separated list of IP addresses to add all three at the same time. The WCS software will audit the controller and pull down the config.

>Also can the lobby admin then create accounts on the WCS and have them push to all wlc's

I haven't used the Lobby Admin account (it's not really appropriate in the office in which I work) but I know you can create a guest account template in the Controller Template Launch Pad. It's under security on the side bar. This template can then be applied to all three WLCs at the same time, which will simplify things. I guess you would need to make sure that your lobby admin can access that particular part of WCS.

Hope that helps.

--Jason

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

king.jason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi RR,

>I have install WCS and want to know how to pull the 3 existing wlc's and their config into the WCS.

This is fairly easy. You need to add a new controller under the configure->controllers page.The 'Add new controller' option is in the drop down box in the top right hand side of the screen. You can use a comma separated list of IP addresses to add all three at the same time. The WCS software will audit the controller and pull down the config.

>Also can the lobby admin then create accounts on the WCS and have them push to all wlc's

I haven't used the Lobby Admin account (it's not really appropriate in the office in which I work) but I know you can create a guest account template in the Controller Template Launch Pad. It's under security on the side bar. This template can then be applied to all three WLCs at the same time, which will simplify things. I guess you would need to make sure that your lobby admin can access that particular part of WCS.

Hope that helps.

--Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card