Views
Helpful
Replies

B-ACD hunt-group question

zdonghai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, groups,

This is a question about B-ACD.If I define five hunt groups in the call queue service Tcl scrip, and since I can only use maximum three of them, then I define "param number-of-hunt-grps 3" in the aa service Tcl scrip. As following configuration:

service CQ tftp://192.168.254.254/user1/CallQ/B-ACD/app-b-acd.tcl
  param queue-manager-debugs 1
  param aa-hunt1 1001
  param aa-hunt2 2001
  param aa-hunt3 3001
  param aa-hunt4 4001
  param aa-hunt5 5001
  param number-of-hunt-grps 5
  param queue-len 10

service AA1 tftp://192.168.254.254/user1/CallQ/B-ACD/app-b-acd-aa.tcl
  paramspace english location tftp://192.168.254.254/user1/prompts/
  paramspace english index 0
  paramspace english language en
  param aa-pilot 8005550111
  param number-of-hunt-grps 3
  param service-name CQ
  param welcome-prompt _bacd_welcome.au
  param handoff-string AA1

I know that the above configuration would just work fine. But I don't understand how does it work? How does it know which 3 of the 5 hunt groups will be used?

For example, if I wish hunt group 1 through group 3 to be used for serive AA1, After the caller dials in and hears the welcome prompt,  when the caller press 1 through 3 he would be get to the hunt group 1 through hunt group 3.

However, what if the caller press 4 and 5? Since service AA1 doesn't say it will use which 3 hunt groups in the call queue service, it seams that the caller is able to dial any number from 1 to 5, although from the perspertive of the caller he will be prompted only 1,2and 3 by the audio file. I mean, Even the caller doesn't hear he has the option to press 4 and 5, what if he press 4 or 5 by mistake or for any other reason? Will he get to hunt group 4 or 5, or just
denied and asked to press again?

To make things clear, let's say we add one more aa service, called AA2, the conguration seams to like this:

service AA2 tftp://192.168.254.254/user1/CallQ/B-ACD/app-b-acd-aa.tcl
paramspace english location tftp://192.168.254.254/user1/prompts/
paramspace english index 0
paramspace english language en
param aa-pilot 8005550222
param number-of-hunt-grps 3
param service-name CQ
param welcome-prompt _bacd_welcome.au
param handoff-string AA2

Well, if I wish hunt group 3 to hunt group 5 to be used by AA2, how does it konw what I want?

Any ideas? Thanks

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have configured many time exceeding the published limits, and never got any problem.

Also looking at the code, I do not see where the limtis are enforced.

So my reccomendation is, configure as you need and check.