Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0 custom reports.

gokila_ss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have UCCX 7.0 SR4. We have installed SQL 2k on UCCX machine. We have configured mixed mode authentication. We have created an user (name: test) and provided permissions to access CRS databases.

I am trying to login to the Historical Reporting Client (HRC) using the SQL user. But i am getting the following error     .

"An error occured while attempting to communicate with web server.Check your user id and password and try again"

Can i login to Historical Reporting Client and generate reports using the user which i created in the SQL server?

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Gokila.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a bug for this issue when you change authentication to mixed mode, Try this:

Change the AUTH parameter in hrcConfig.ini on the historical report client PC:

BEFORE:

;AUTH specifies the authentication mode to use while connecting to the database.

;Use one of the following values:

;1 - Windows NT Authentication

;2 - Mixed Mode Authentication

AUTH=

AFTER:

;AUTH specifies the authentication mode to use while connecting to the database.

AUTH=2

HTH, please rate helpful posts!
Chris

I just came across this looking for an answer myself.  Chris has it wrong, it should be:

AUTH=1

Which is counter intuitive to what it looks like it should be, but it works, and is posted in the UCCX 7.0(1) SR5 release notes.

Hi

Yeah, also there are two AUTH params; the first one is in a section that gets updated dynamically when you log in, and the second on is the one you need to change.

(I think).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

You are correct.  So it looks like this:

;Use this key to specify alternative values to connect to Cisco CRA database instead of using the default values

[CRA_DATABASE_ALTERNATIVE]

DRIVER=SQL Server

SERVER=10.0.101.13\CRSSQL

DATABASE=db_cra

PORT=4433

AUTH=1

;NETWORK specifies the network library to use while connecting to the database.

;Example of values for NETWORK library:

;dbnmpntw - Win32 Named Pipes

;dbmssocn - Win32 Winsock TCP/IP

NETWORK=dbmssocn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: