cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUCM 7.1.2 to 7.1.3 failed, ... not enough disk space...

decbuw007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

already been transfered from the tftp-server is the message:

There is not enough disk space in the common partition to perform the upgrade. Please use either the Platform Command Line Interface or the Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) to free space on the common partition.

What can i delete, it continues the installation ?

Thanks

dieter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi -

This information is in the release notes for CUCM 7.1.3 -

Disk Space Before Upgrading

Before you upgrade to Cisco Unified Communications Manager from supported appliance releases, make sure that you have enough disk space on the common partition to perform the upgrade. To ensure that you have enough disk space, determine the size of the ISO file on your DVD or on Cisco.com. If you are upgrading from a local source (DVD), you need the same amount of disk space as the size of the ISO file. If you are upgrading from a network source, you need twice the amount of disk space as the size of the combined ISO file.

To verify the disk space on the common partition, do one of the following tasks:

Use the show status CLI command and note the information that displays under the Disk/logging heading.

From Cisco Unified Communications Operating System, choose Show > System.

From Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool, choose System > Server > Disk Usage. Choose the server from the Disk Usage at Host drop-down list box and view the Used Space (MB) for the Common partition.

If you do not have enough disk space, use Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool to collect core and trace files and delete them from the server. For more information on collecting files, refer to the Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool Administration Guide.

You can also use the log partition monitoring service or the command line interface (CLI) to delete files on your server; however, Cisco does not recommend using these tools to delete files during regular business hours, as they can impact system performance. For more information on configuring log partition monitoring, see the Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool Administration Guide. For more information on the CLI, see the Command Line Interface Reference Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Solutions Release 7.1(3).

Note To prevent disk usage issues due to large numbers of trace files in the future, you should review your trace configuration settings in Cisco Unified Serviceability (Trace > Configuration). You can reduce the maximum number of trace files for your services or set the trace settings to the default values.

Hope this might help - here is the full link - https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_1_3/cucm-rel_notes-713a.html#wp1599032

Ginger

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you use SFTP to the upgrade?

Here is what happend for me:

upgraded from CUCM 7.0.2 to UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.2.21900-5.sgn (Sucessfulll) then to UCSInstall_UCOS_ES_7.1.2.22012-1.sgn Successfull and failed once I tried to get up todate with UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.3.10000-11.sgn with a similar error stating something about not enogh space.

I ran into the same problem with my upgrade, I was using a SFTP as the transfer method.  I ran into this problme after already upgrading my OS succcesfully.

John

Hallo,

i use ftp, and so far has always worked perfectly !

Dieter

Hi -

This information is in the release notes for CUCM 7.1.3 -

Disk Space Before Upgrading

Before you upgrade to Cisco Unified Communications Manager from supported appliance releases, make sure that you have enough disk space on the common partition to perform the upgrade. To ensure that you have enough disk space, determine the size of the ISO file on your DVD or on Cisco.com. If you are upgrading from a local source (DVD), you need the same amount of disk space as the size of the ISO file. If you are upgrading from a network source, you need twice the amount of disk space as the size of the combined ISO file.

To verify the disk space on the common partition, do one of the following tasks:

Use the show status CLI command and note the information that displays under the Disk/logging heading.

From Cisco Unified Communications Operating System, choose Show > System.

From Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool, choose System > Server > Disk Usage. Choose the server from the Disk Usage at Host drop-down list box and view the Used Space (MB) for the Common partition.

If you do not have enough disk space, use Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool to collect core and trace files and delete them from the server. For more information on collecting files, refer to the Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool Administration Guide.

You can also use the log partition monitoring service or the command line interface (CLI) to delete files on your server; however, Cisco does not recommend using these tools to delete files during regular business hours, as they can impact system performance. For more information on configuring log partition monitoring, see the Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool Administration Guide. For more information on the CLI, see the Command Line Interface Reference Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Solutions Release 7.1(3).

Note To prevent disk usage issues due to large numbers of trace files in the future, you should review your trace configuration settings in Cisco Unified Serviceability (Trace > Configuration). You can reduce the maximum number of trace files for your services or set the trace settings to the default values.

Hope this might help - here is the full link - https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_1_3/cucm-rel_notes-713a.html#wp1599032

Ginger

Thank you for your post, this answer help !

Dieter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: