WPA2-AES with Certifiacte authentication in WLC

Unanswered Question
Nov 26th, 2009

I have currently setup with 1200 series AP's as a Stand alone, the authentication is done via radius  with Certiface Installed in Client Domain Laptops (WPA2 + AES). The certificate is installed on the domain laptops and when I connect wireless it shows up as WPA2 (Peap). As we migrating to WLAN Controller we unable to authenticate the client with WPA2 AES. In controller if we enable PSK ( Preshared key) its works fine. with 802.1x the authentication not happening and I am getting the error as RADIUS is not responding. But we dont have a control with RADIUS which is in Remote Site. Can some one guide me in RADIUS what needs to check, and with IOS AP its works fine.

Thanks in Advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
weterry Thu, 11/26/2009 - 18:47

What exactly do you mean about not having control of radius?

Have you added the WLC to the radius server and set the shared secret?

There should be a log on the radius server somewhere that says why it isn't responding to the authentication request. Unless the request is never even making it to the server?

karuna.durai Thu, 11/26/2009 - 21:07

RADIUS server is not locallu maintained and we dont have a access..

we had added the WLC as a client in RADUIS.

Peter Nugent Fri, 11/27/2009 - 16:02

You will need to have access to your RADIUS server to set up your controller to support PEAp, its not as simple as upgrading the aps and adding a controller as the controller will need adding as a client to the RADIUS server as a client and depending on your remote access policies adding into the RAS policy. You will need to liaise with the RADIUS support team

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network