Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA2-AES with Certifiacte authentication in WLC

karuna.durai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have currently setup with 1200 series AP's as a Stand alone, the authentication is done via radius  with Certiface Installed in Client Domain Laptops (WPA2 + AES). The certificate is installed on the domain laptops and when I connect wireless it shows up as WPA2 (Peap). As we migrating to WLAN Controller we unable to authenticate the client with WPA2 AES. In controller if we enable PSK ( Preshared key) its works fine. with 802.1x the authentication not happening and I am getting the error as RADIUS is not responding. But we dont have a control with RADIUS which is in Remote Site. Can some one guide me in RADIUS what needs to check, and with IOS AP its works fine.

Thanks in Advance

3 Replies 3

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

What exactly do you mean about not having control of radius?

Have you added the WLC to the radius server and set the shared secret?

There should be a log on the radius server somewhere that says why it isn't responding to the authentication request. Unless the request is never even making it to the server?

RADIUS server is not locallu maintained and we dont have a access..

we had added the WLC as a client in RADUIS.

You will need to have access to your RADIUS server to set up your controller to support PEAp, its not as simple as upgrading the aps and adding a controller as the controller will need adding as a client to the RADIUS server as a client and depending on your remote access policies adding into the RAS policy. You will need to liaise with the RADIUS support team

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card