Views
Helpful
Replies

Database.pl error in Ciscoworks LMS 3.2

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

I am getting the following error only for database.pl when i run selftest under Common-->Services-->Admin:

database.pl

FAIL     Self Test Fail to query dfmEpm.DbVersion, Error: Database server not found (DBD: login failed)
     Self Test Fail to query dfmEpm.SYSTABLE, Error: Database server not found (DBD: login failed)

Please find enclosed the output of pdshow.

Can you please advise the recommended action for this?

Thanks a lot

Gautam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The DFM EPM database is down.  This could be indicative of a corrupt database, or simply a damaged transcation log.  Shutdown Daemon Manager, then delete NMSROOT/databases/dfmEpm/dfmEpm.log if it exists.  Then run:

NMSROOT/objects/db/win32/dbsrv10 -f NMSROOT/databases/dfmEpm/dfmEpm.db

Then restart Daemon Manager.  If the EPMDbEngine process is still down, then you will need to reinitialize your EPM database, or restore LMS from a known good backup.  To reinitialize the database, run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The DFM EPM database is down.  This could be indicative of a corrupt database, or simply a damaged transcation log.  Shutdown Daemon Manager, then delete NMSROOT/databases/dfmEpm/dfmEpm.log if it exists.  Then run:

NMSROOT/objects/db/win32/dbsrv10 -f NMSROOT/databases/dfmEpm/dfmEpm.db

Then restart Daemon Manager.  If the EPMDbEngine process is still down, then you will need to reinitialize your EPM database, or restore LMS from a known good backup.  To reinitialize the database, run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

Thanks a lot jclarke.

The second step (using dbrestore.pl) resolved the issue.

This is what i get now:

database.pl

PASS     Self Test succeeded for upm ipm dfmInv ani dfmFh dfmEpm cmf rmeng 

Thanks a lot again for your valuable help

Thanks a lot

gautam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: