Views
Helpful
Replies

SysUpTime Report

BlueyVIII
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible with LMS3.2 to schedule a daily report that will show me the UpTime of each device on our network. I've had a look around the standard reports but can't find anything obvious so wondered if there's a way to create and schedule the report.

If possible I'd like the report to be shown by each device and the uptime shown as YY:DD:HH:MM (eg uptime = 2years, 41 Days, 6 Hours)

Any help greatfully received.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lo.mueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

this is possible with Custom Report Templates in rme (http:///rme/InvCustomTemplate.do

Give a report name and fill in the follwing rules (could be modified for your needs)

Custom Template Rules

- Inventory Group: System

- Attribute:          SysUpTime

This report is then available in Report Generator (RME) with selecting Inventory and the custom report template.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Lothar

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lo.mueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

this is possible with Custom Report Templates in rme (http:///rme/InvCustomTemplate.do

Give a report name and fill in the follwing rules (could be modified for your needs)

Custom Template Rules

- Inventory Group: System

- Attribute:          SysUpTime

This report is then available in Report Generator (RME) with selecting Inventory and the custom report template.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Lothar

Thanks for that.......worked exactly as you described

I've been running this report for a while now, however, I've noticed a slight anomoly..

For instance, one the CatOS CLI a 6509 shows an uptime of "Uptime is 993 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes". However, the RME report I've created reports the same switch has an uptime of "1 yrs,4 months,15 days,20 hrs,53 mins"

The 6509 has dual SUP2's and I was wondering if CiscoWorks is querying a particular SUP2 whereas CatOS is reporting against the chassis.

Any idea's?

The sysUpTime object is 32-bits wide, and wraps at ~ 497.10 days (~ 1.37 years).  RME reads this value to determine uptime.  If the device supports the snmpEngineTime object, RME will attempt to get the value of that object, and use it for uptime.  That object will not roll for 49700.10 days (~ 137 years).  If your report is showing a sysUpTime wrap, then either snmpEngineTime is not supported, or it is buggy, and returning an invalid uptime.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: