Cabling analogue line from UC520

Unanswered Question
Nov 27th, 2009
User Badges:

I'm bangin my head against a brick wall with this.

I have a client with a UC520 and structured cabling. We want to patch in a fax machine to one of the analogue ports on the UC520. The analogue port is obviously rj11, and the structured cabling RJ45. At the other end we will then have RJ45 which then needs to turn into a BT plug or RJ11 for the fax to plug into.

I've done this before on other installs, but for some reason I cannot get the right combination of cables or adaptors that want to work this way round. I suspect that I have a non standard rj11 lead or something in the mix.

Can anyone offer any advise? This is starting to make us look a bit silly. All the complicated bits of the install are done - just can't get a fax machine working!

Thanks,

Adam

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Trad Sun, 11/29/2009 - 14:39
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2013 Small Business

Hi Adam,

What would be of great help is if you can give us the pin-out combination being used on that particular patch port.

Also you should be able to buy from any electrical shop a RJ-45 to RJ-11/12 Lead that are pre-done to industry standards, they are cheap as chips, however if the cabling to the patch panel is not industry standard this mot likely will not help you.

If you are making up your own cable, what cable are you using??

Cheers,

David.

Actions

This Discussion