USB Flash As an archive path

Answered Question
Nov 27th, 2009

Hey All,

I am trying to setup archiving to use usbflash0 as the path. However in the path options there is no usbflash0 option altough the a USB drive is attached to the router and can be viewed otherwise with sh usbflash0:.

Are USB drives supported as a destination for config backups using the archive command?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 7 years 1 week ago

No.  The usbflash file system is of type USB_FLASH.  The archive command only supports regular flash file systems, flash disks, and network URLs.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Fri, 11/27/2009 - 09:11

No.  The usbflash file system is of type USB_FLASH.  The archive command only supports regular flash file systems, flash disks, and network URLs.

Leo Laohoo Fri, 11/27/2009 - 14:02

Depends on the firmware of your router.  I haven't tried doing this but I know that in order to boot from a USB, the usbflash0: or usbflash1: is a hidden command.

andrew.andy316 Mon, 11/30/2009 - 04:26

Hmm interesting. I know sometimes the usbflash command is missing but I am running the lastest IOS so I am inclined to believe the post before yours.

Ty for your help though.

Joe Clarke Mon, 11/30/2009 - 09:38

I am correct.  USB_FLASH type file systems are not included in the filter for config archive (yet).

Actions

This Discussion