Views
Helpful
Replies

USB Flash As an archive path

andrew.andy316
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

I am trying to setup archiving to use usbflash0 as the path. However in the path options there is no usbflash0 option altough the a USB drive is attached to the router and can be viewed otherwise with sh usbflash0:.

Are USB drives supported as a destination for config backups using the archive command?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No.  The usbflash file system is of type USB_FLASH.  The archive command only supports regular flash file systems, flash disks, and network URLs.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No.  The usbflash file system is of type USB_FLASH.  The archive command only supports regular flash file systems, flash disks, and network URLs.

Thanks much jclarke.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the firmware of your router.  I haven't tried doing this but I know that in order to boot from a USB, the usbflash0: or usbflash1: is a hidden command.

Hmm interesting. I know sometimes the usbflash command is missing but I am running the lastest IOS so I am inclined to believe the post before yours.

Ty for your help though.

I am correct.  USB_FLASH type file systems are not included in the filter for config archive (yet).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: