cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

removing settings for phones firmware not in flash and saving configuration

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Can anyone explain why I constantly get this message all the time as it is now comming annoying......I cant do anything without this message popping up every two minutes....

15 Replies 15

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think its the phone load manager (PLM) of CCA when you run it on a UC520.  I have seen it too.  I'll ask the CCA team....

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What it is saying is you have "tftp server...." and "load ..."  entries in the running config for the phones that have no phone loads in  flash:phones directory.

If you click on "ok" in this dialog it will remove all  those entries and should not show again.

Now it has a bug where it will keep  showing new message box during network refresh if first one is not clicked. This  should be addressed in an upcoming CCA release..

Steve
Thanks to CCA Team

Internal tracking CDETS: CSCtd26771

Thanks Steve,

On another note, I have upgraded my software to UC8.0.0 but I am sturggling to find out which files I should download for making the voicemail and region and phone settings to GB.... I have probably downloaded all files from the cisco web site except the ones I require.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Brian

I dont do much with Localization in the U.S. field channel, so dont know much about it.

I think I saw your thread on that out here somewhere, maybe?

I think there are a few really sharp TMEs from UK and AUS that know alot more about this than me.

I will forward the thread to them for you...

In the mean time, anyone else know the answer?

Go to www.cisco.com/go/uc500swpk and download the files cue-vm-en_GB-langpack.ise.7.0.3.prt1 and CME-locale-en_UK-English-7.0.1.1.tar.  There are instructions on how to apply the updates at https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9692.  This doc is a little old since it is based on CCA 1.9, but it is still fundamentally correct.  The main difference is that the Region tab used for changing the phone locale has relocated to Configure > Telephony > Region.

Cheers,

Dave.

Greetings,

Regarding bug CSCtd26771 -  "removing settings for phones firmware not in flash and saving configuration" Was this ever resolved? If so what was the fix?

Please advise.

Hi Alex,

No I still receive the error message. However I am working on it with the CCA development team in the US.

We have had a couple of WebEx sessions as I have other issues which the CCA team are working on with the CUE team...

I have sent the logs to the team and they are working on it.

Thanks

Brian

This BUG is in RESOLVED status and will be fixed in 2.2(1)           of CCA.

Steve

Thanks guys,

I will keep an eye on Cisco.com web site for this new CCA release.

-Alex

thx for this info.

i will make a cca2.2 demo to my customer on the 14th. i was wondering to twll him when this message pops up every 2 minutes

What it is saying is you have "tftp server...." and "load ..." entries in the running config for the phones that  have no phone loads in flash:phones directory
Perhaps remove these entries until this is fixed....
Be careful not to remove flash content for phones you do have....

I have 2.2(1) with load * and still get the same message every so many minutes

Yes,  I see it too on a UC 520.

According to release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version2_0/release/notes/OL159332.html

It was fixed...

I will check after the new year when we return to Cisco (which is closed).

Steve DiStefano

Systems Engineer

U.S. Field Channel Sales team

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: