Views
Helpful
Replies

fixing import issues

aieremias
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

after importing several devices to DCR some of them are UNKNOWN due to issues on the device side (wrong community, ACL, unreachable etc.)

When those are fixed, which is the best way to make DCR query again the devices for their type ?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct.  RME is most likely the app which populates device type and MDF data into DCR.  DCR will not query the sysObjectID itself.

Yes, in a multi-server setup, the slaves will sync all DCR data from the master.  They will get the same updates that the master gets.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DCR does not communicate with devices itself.  It uses the other LMS applications to figure out the device type.  Therefore, simply resubmit the device for inventory collection in RME, or perform a new Campus Data Collection, or submit the device for management into DFM.

So when I add one or more devices to DCR and in a few minutes I see that the device type has been updated, this is from the initial RME inventory collection? I thought that just adding devices makes DCR query the sysObjectID.

A related question: In a multi-server setup this sysObjectID update is propagated to the slave DCRs ?

Correct.  RME is most likely the app which populates device type and MDF data into DCR.  DCR will not query the sysObjectID itself.

Yes, in a multi-server setup, the slaves will sync all DCR data from the master.  They will get the same updates that the master gets.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: