Views
Helpful
Replies

Wap4410n no web gui

scott-wolke
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I've got a WAP4410n that I'm having trouble reaching the web admin on.  I've since hard reset it, however the web interface I cannot access.  I've tried both Mac and PC as well as multiple browsers. I've also tried from the wired and wireless LAN, no change.  I can ping it "192.168.1.245", telnet is denying the connection as I'm guessing it's the default setting.  I'm unsure on where to go from here.  By default it's broadcasting a open SSID of linksys-n, and detected the gateway correctly so I'm currently writing this post across the wireless.  Any help would be appreciated.

I should also say this AP has been running for about a year without issue, until this.

Regards,

Scott

10 Replies 10

Check the IP address of the device once again and make sure there is no duplicate address assigned in the network. Also check if there is any firewall on the system from which the device is accessed.

I would clear the cache on your pc using internet explorer.  After that see if you can access it using the default ip address.

As requested, I did a scan of all IP address on the network, no duplicates.  I've also checked that the firewalls on the machines I've tried to access are turned off.  PC and Mac.  Still no dice. I've also tried multiple browsers, IE, Firefox, Safari, still no go. So I went ahead and did a port scan on the IP of the Access Point and found that it doesn't detect that a web server is running.  No HTTP or HTTPS was found.  So....I'm not sure where to go from here.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Any other ideas?  I can't believe that there isn't a fix or this hasn't been seen before.

Regards,

Scott

How exactly did you hard rest the WAP? More specifically, what was your step-by-step process?

Per the documentation, you can default the AP by either going into the web managment or pressing and holding the reset button for approx 10 seconds.

The steps I took.

Turn on Access point.

Start a constant ping from laptop to ensure network connectivity. 192.168.1.245

Press and hold reset button for 10+ seconds.

Verify that the AP is rebooting by watching ping reply's fail.

AP will come back online, constant ping will resure, however when browsing with either IE or firefox to 192.168.1.245, I get a page time out.

As stated before, when port scanning, it appears that neither HTTP or HTTPS is replying to the port scan.

Thanks for the help,

Scott

Scott,

I did not see anywhere in the post where you said you were cabled to a switch and then to the AP, or if you were cabled directly to the AP. If you are not directly cabled to the AP, please do so.

Set your ip address to 192.168.1.50 /24. (Statically)

LEAVE THE DEFAULT GATEWAY BLANK. <----- important

Start your ping, and then try to connect to the web interface. Connecting this way will remove any possiblity that a switch has a port in a different VLAN or any weird configuration issue with DHCP or routing. If it still cannot be accessed, you may need to contact the SBSC at 1-866-606-1866.

They can try some more basic troubleshooting and determine the proper action plan at that time.

HTH,

Bill

Sorry about that, missed that detail.

I tried connecting through a linksys WRT54G, which was defaulted and serving it's default dhcp to my laptop. I could ping, no web response.

I just now tried connecting directly to the AP using a static IP addess on my laptop.  Again I could ping, however no web response.

I also connected to it wirelessly with a static IP, the results were the same as before.  So....call the number you listed above?

Regards,

Scott

Scott,

I would try factory resetting it one more time. (I'd hold it for ~30 seconds this time) If still no go, please give us a call.

Bill

There is now a new firmware available for the WAP4410N. The link is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10052/index.html

Please post any new issues under a new topic.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: