cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Cisco WAP4410N Access Point Log Problem

jcastravet
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed and configured a new Cisco WAP4410N Access Point (hardware Rev.12), which came out of the box with the latest firmware (v2.0.0.5). So far everything appears to run OK but I came across an issue with the logs.

I enabled the email alert and filled in all needed fields and saved the changes. I verified that the emails are sent out the way I configured them (20 entries or 600 seconds). The problems is that when I reboot the access point all the log settings are cleared and set back to default.

Is this a known issue? While it is not a major issue it would be nice to have it corrected in the next firmware release.

2 Replies 2

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

This is not a known issue with cisco at the moment.  Can you download the firmware from cisco.com and reflash the firmware on the wap4410n.  After that do a factory reset and reconfigure the access point to see if that resolves the issue.

Back from vacation, sorry to see that not much has changed here... Sooo, this problem is (or should be) a known problem, since it has been posted here a few times. I think the answer is also here, but not referencing the log issue directly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to get all settings to save properly, you must make a change and save from the wireless setup page? It seems that some of the commit buttons just put it in the 'running-config' as opposed to the 'startup-config'. Remember, this is Cisco.

Let me know if this works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: