Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 7.1 - Parked Call pickup on SCCP FXS port

J. S. Black
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to retrieve a parked call on an SCCP ANL phone off an EVM-HD-8FXS (or a VIC2-2FXS for that matter). I park a call using a 7962G, take the analog phone off hook, dial the park-slot number, dead air. I try to press the hookflash, no go. I hang up - phone rings back with parked call. Is this normal behavior?

Previous system for this user was a Norstar so they're a bit confused by this behavior. Is there any way to get to the parked call without having to hang up?

8 Replies 8

Udit Mehrotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please enable fac under the telephony-service as -

CME#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
CME(config)#telephony-service
CME(config-telephony)#fac standard
fac standard is set!
CME(config-telephony)#exit
CME(config)#exit
CME#show telephony-service fac
  telephony-service fac standard
    callfwd all **1
    callfwd cancel **2
    pickup local **3
    pickup group **4
    pickup direct **5
    park **6
    dnd **7
    redial **8
    voicemail **9
    ephone-hunt join *3
    ephone-hunt cancel #3
    ephone-hunt hlog *4
    ephone-hunt hlog-phone *5
    trnsfvm *6
    dpark-retrieval *0

CME#
CME#

Now try to retrieve the call by entering **6 and then dial the park slot number.

HTH.

But, **6 is to park, not to retrieve.

To retrieve, dialing the park slot like the OP does, should be enough.

Likely, he has thta working from IP phones.

Check - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxssccpsplmft.html  - Table 6

SCCP controlled FXS ports use Supplimentary Services features, which work in the following manner.

To park a call for SCCP controlled FXS ports, users preses hookflash and dials the call-park slot number configured on Call Control system(in this case - CME).

To retrieve a call parked on a park slot - **6

--

Udit

So I had mixed up the two functions and I thank you for the correction.

Hi,

I have found the solution - my FACs were correctly enabled but you need to use the dpark-retrieval code (*0 in your case) to retrieve the call. If you try to pickup the call by dialing the Park-Slot number directly or using the park FAC then dialing the Park-Slot number, the CME will seize the FXS line and you will need to shut-no-shut the voice port.

Here's what I tested recently (keep in mind that my ANL ports are SCCP-controlled):

Situation 1:

- Parked external call using 79xx phone, park-slot assigned is 4701

- Took ANL phone off-hook, dialed 4701, heard 2 clicks, no audio, call still parked according to Park-Slot BLF

- Hung up ANL phone (hookflash does not work), no ringback, Park-Slot BLF goes out

- Took ANL phone off-hook again, was connected to parked call

- Line seized (cannot obtain dialtone either from flash, on-hook or other method), have to shut-no shut voice-port

Situation 2:

- Took ANL phone off-hook, dialed park FAC + 4701, heard 2 clicks, no audio, call still parked according to Park-Slot BLF

- Hung up ANL phone (hookflash does not work), no ringback, Park-Slot BLF goes out

- Took ANL phone off-hook again, was connected to parked call

- Line seized (cannot obtain dialtone either from flash, on-hook or other method), have to shut-no shut voice-port

Situation 3:

- Took ANL phone off-hook, dialed dpark-retrieve FAC then 4701, call connected and Park-Slot BLF goes out

- Hung up ANL phone, call disconnected normally

- Took ANL phone off-hook, dialtone.

Weird, isn't it?

Weird, isn't it?

Seems a typical "lack of testing" bug, of the kind that is very difficult to have cisco acknowledge and fix.

Hi JS,

Were you able to solve this issue? I am having the same problem with CME 7.1 and SCCP controlled ports on VG204.

BR

Boris

Very very late reply - but I "fixed" this by migrating my first customer to SCCP phones, and my 2nd customer by migrating to CUCM