Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 7.1 - Parked Call pickup on SCCP FXS port

J. S. Black
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to retrieve a parked call on an SCCP ANL phone off an EVM-HD-8FXS (or a VIC2-2FXS for that matter). I park a call using a 7962G, take the analog phone off hook, dial the park-slot number, dead air. I try to press the hookflash, no go. I hang up - phone rings back with parked call. Is this normal behavior?

Previous system for this user was a Norstar so they're a bit confused by this behavior. Is there any way to get to the parked call without having to hang up?

8 Replies 8

Udit Mehrotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please enable fac under the telephony-service as -

CME#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
CME(config)#telephony-service
CME(config-telephony)#fac standard
fac standard is set!
CME(config-telephony)#exit
CME(config)#exit
CME#show telephony-service fac
  telephony-service fac standard
    callfwd all **1
    callfwd cancel **2
    pickup local **3
    pickup group **4
    pickup direct **5
    park **6
    dnd **7
    redial **8
    voicemail **9
    ephone-hunt join *3
    ephone-hunt cancel #3
    ephone-hunt hlog *4
    ephone-hunt hlog-phone *5
    trnsfvm *6
    dpark-retrieval *0

CME#
CME#

Now try to retrieve the call by entering **6 and then dial the park slot number.

HTH.

But, **6 is to park, not to retrieve.

To retrieve, dialing the park slot like the OP does, should be enough.

Likely, he has thta working from IP phones.

Check - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxssccpsplmft.html  - Table 6

SCCP controlled FXS ports use Supplimentary Services features, which work in the following manner.

To park a call for SCCP controlled FXS ports, users preses hookflash and dials the call-park slot number configured on Call Control system(in this case - CME).

To retrieve a call parked on a park slot - **6

--

Udit

So I had mixed up the two functions and I thank you for the correction.

Hi,

I have found the solution - my FACs were correctly enabled but you need to use the dpark-retrieval code (*0 in your case) to retrieve the call. If you try to pickup the call by dialing the Park-Slot number directly or using the park FAC then dialing the Park-Slot number, the CME will seize the FXS line and you will need to shut-no-shut the voice port.

Here's what I tested recently (keep in mind that my ANL ports are SCCP-controlled):

Situation 1:

- Parked external call using 79xx phone, park-slot assigned is 4701

- Took ANL phone off-hook, dialed 4701, heard 2 clicks, no audio, call still parked according to Park-Slot BLF

- Hung up ANL phone (hookflash does not work), no ringback, Park-Slot BLF goes out

- Took ANL phone off-hook again, was connected to parked call

- Line seized (cannot obtain dialtone either from flash, on-hook or other method), have to shut-no shut voice-port

Situation 2:

- Took ANL phone off-hook, dialed park FAC + 4701, heard 2 clicks, no audio, call still parked according to Park-Slot BLF

- Hung up ANL phone (hookflash does not work), no ringback, Park-Slot BLF goes out

- Took ANL phone off-hook again, was connected to parked call

- Line seized (cannot obtain dialtone either from flash, on-hook or other method), have to shut-no shut voice-port

Situation 3:

- Took ANL phone off-hook, dialed dpark-retrieve FAC then 4701, call connected and Park-Slot BLF goes out

- Hung up ANL phone, call disconnected normally

- Took ANL phone off-hook, dialtone.

Weird, isn't it?

Weird, isn't it?

Seems a typical "lack of testing" bug, of the kind that is very difficult to have cisco acknowledge and fix.

Hi JS,

Were you able to solve this issue? I am having the same problem with CME 7.1 and SCCP controlled ports on VG204.

BR

Boris

_____ Please rate helpful posts Пожалуйста оценивайте полезные сообщения

Very very late reply - but I "fixed" this by migrating my first customer to SCCP phones, and my 2nd customer by migrating to CUCM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: