cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip phone timezone can no update

steve7388
Level 1
Level 1

I installed a CUCM-BE 7.13 in place with 7941s throughout. 
My time on the phone is not correct, although in my Time/Date area on CUCM, it specifies the correct timezone and time on the server appears to be correct.NTP server sync well.

I checked date/time group configuration. device pool configuration.
, try make a new Dev Pool with a new Date/Time group and set difference timezone.

I can change the phone's date/time format, but not the timezone.
no matter what timezone I changed. the phone's time never change.

Can anyone tell me how to get the timezone correct on these phones?
Any Suggestions?

Best Regards,

Steve

10 Replies 10

vivkalra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

What is the exact call manager version you have installed

Because the call manager was hitting a DST bug CSCsy25150

Upgrade the call manager to the latest patch to get this fixed

Hi Vivek Kalra:

CUCM 7.1.(3.10000)

Because the new 7941 phone register to CUCM has the TFTP "auth fail" problem.

I downgraded the Phone Firmware for CUCM 7.1(3) to 8.5(2), I will upgrade the CUCM to latest patch 7.13a after all the

phone installed.

I think my problem is not the DST bug. I have try to change the Date/Time group with many different timezone to test.

(GMT -1 ,-3 , -7 ,+3.....). The time show at the phone never change. The phone always show the time of GMT 0.

seems the timezone setting do not reach the phone.

Thanks

steve7388
Level 1
Level 1

We check the SEPxxxx.cnf.xml file , no the timezone information in the configure file:

D-M-YA

Did you resolved this after the patch upgrade???

Was there any other solution for this?

steve7388
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM V7.13

Can not select the timezon endwith "*"

After changed the timezone , problem solved

we tried to use either of the Time Zone.. with * and without * .. but still on the phones (7945G) its not updating....

any ideas???

Dude, he's not hitting that bug.  Didn't you see that he tried the timezone with "*"?  I would recommend him restart TFTP.  It looks like the phone didn't get the updated config file.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

I had the exact same issue with CM 7.1.3a as well as 7.1.3b today. The 7911, 7942 and 7965 on my network would show only GMT time whereas 7925 & CIPC was fine.

After upgrading to 7.1.3b I changed to a timezone with * and it reset from Date/time group page itself and immediately the phones started working.

Sachin, are you on 7.1.3a or 7.1.3b perhaps this workaround works only with the latter??

Sorry guys for not updating... yes... we upgraded it to 7.1(3b) and then selcted the timezone with * ... and not its working fine for the phones...  this may be the workaround for timezone issue...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: