Views
Helpful
Replies

Error while trying to open RME home in Ciscoworks LMS 3.2

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I get the following error while trying to open RME home.

"Error occurred while fetching Out-of-Sync count"

Here's the exact error message:

HOME0004: Error occurred while fetching Out-of-Sync count. Check RMEHome.log for more details.

Pls advise.

Thanks a lot

Gautam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Given the multiple problems you are having, and the clear file corruption in Discovery, a reinstall might be a good idea.  If you do reinstall, I recommend you do it from scratch after first removing the existing LMS 3.2.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears that this server is integrated with ACS, and that there is a misconfiguration in ACS.  That is, not all of the RME tasks are available to the current user logged into LMS.  Recheck your ACS group configuration for this user, and make sure that the RME application has the proper role assignment.

Jason,

When i go to Server-->Security-->AAA Mode setup, it shows me non-ACS only.

The module mentioned in Ciscoworks local

Thanks a lot

Gautam

In that case, more debugging will need to be done for the RME homepage and the config archive subsystem.  I recommend you open a TAC service request so they can walk you through these steps.

Dear Jason,

Now, i dont get this error and the home page opens but i get the following message in red text for some portions of RME:

You are not authorized to view the details
I also tried creating another user with full privileges and used his login but still i see the same results.
I had installed LMS the first time in non-ACS mode and the second time i re-installed on top of the previous installation again because i got some Apache errors. I dont think that the reinstall prompted me for the ACS mode but from what i see, it is local and not ACS.
Do you think that i should try to reinstall again Ciscoworks? Is reinstall better or uninstall and a subsequent fresh install?

Given the multiple problems you are having, and the clear file corruption in Discovery, a reinstall might be a good idea.  If you do reinstall, I recommend you do it from scratch after first removing the existing LMS 3.2.

Thanks a lot Jason. It works fine now after an uninstall / reinstall.

The discovery happens fine and i am also able to get into RME home page without any issues.

Thanks a lot again

Gautam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: