Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest VLAN

access1097BA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got 14 Secondary switches C2960 configured with a dot1x and aaa Radius, all authentication happend trought the radius.

My core switch C3750G is connected to all C2960 switches, to the Router and to My ISA/Proxy server.

I have a Guest_VLAN on all Secondary Switches C2960 . i want my Guest to be able only to internet.

I have only one subnet LAN 192.168.210/24.

My idee to create a new subnet 192.168.220/24 (only for routing purpose) with as gateway the isa server ip address.

Do i have to routing the new subnet to the isa server on the layer 3 switch?

Do i have to create alle guest vlan on all switches with the new subnet + gateway?

I want the authentication to radius with Domain computers since the user account reside on another domain.

What are the vendor attribute on the radius?

Advies please.

Thanks alot

3 Replies 3

manfernandez
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand it correctly, you want to have a guest VLAN that has no access to your Internal Networkl  This guest vlan

is only for Internet traffic.

Assumptions:

1. You are using VTP or GVRP to pupulate the VLAN ID accross multiple switches.

2. You are using trunk ports of some sort between switches and the core.

I would create a new VLAN, all ports on the switches that will be on this VLAN will have a default gateway of the ISA server (So L2 through all your switces).  Add an additional NIC to ISA server if not already there and plug that port into a switch on the new VLAN.

Use ACLs to block traffic from the guest to internal since the trunk ports will need to pass all tags.

Use a loopback IP or a mgmt vlan to source the RADIUS traffic.

Hope the helps

Manny

Thank you for your feedback,

ACL is for IP restrictions, all my users incl guest are on the same subnet.

Any suggestions will be welkome.

Thanks

Please can you help me further,

Can you please tel me step by step how i have to do this configuration.

Core switch 3750G, router and all my secondary 2960 switches are connected to the core switch.

I want all my local users authenticate to Radius for authentication.

I want to create a VLAN for local users and VLAN for guest internet.

Where and how i have to configure the dot1x ( on all example wat i found on google Fasteethernet0/3).

Waht they meen with fastethernet0/3, do i have to set the dot1x on alle switches port fastethernet0/3?

Please can you guide me.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card