cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting arp from ASA appliances via snmp

cisco24x7
Level 6
Level 6

Anyone know how to retrieve the arp table of the ASA appliance via SNMP?  For example, the command "show arp" provides the MAC/IP address of devices directly connected to the ASA.  How can I retrieve this information via SNMP?  I know how to do that on Cisco routers, switches and other devices such as Checkpoint & Juniper firewalls like this:

[Expert@Checkpoint-NGx]# /usr/bin/snmpwalk -v 2c -c cciesec 127.0.0.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22.1.2 | grep 98
IP-MIB::ipNetToMediaPhysAddress.5.98.174.21.129 = STRING: 0:0:c:7:ac:a
IP-MIB::ipNetToMediaPhysAddress.5.98.174.21.130 = STRING: 0:5:0:7b:80:0
[Expert@Checkpoint-NGx]#

How can I get this information on the ASA via SNMP?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi David,  I was briefly looking into this last night but I was not able to find OIDs  for the type of MIB u want,   in fact I wander if  there is any,  you can double look at MIB database located at  http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/netmgmt/cmtk/mibs.shtml   under Cisco Security & VPN products , there is one  RFC1213-MIB   but frankly perhaps not quite what you need.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi Jorge,

Thank you very much for looking into this.  Really appreciate it.

I actually did check the MIB database but I came up empty.  I am beginning to doubt if the ASA has a MIB for this.

You're welcome, hopefully  someone in Cisco TAC  Netpro can confirm.

Regards

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Unfortunately the ASA doen't support getting the arp table from is using snmp polls.

There are no OID implemented for it.

PK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card