Views
Helpful
Replies

DISA on CUCM 6.1

clougher01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Is there an easy way to setup disa access on CUCM 6.1 without a voicexml gateway?

I was thinking maybe drop the call into Unity Connection IVR and then allow the user to dial an interal extension from there?

Any ideas if this is possible?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This doc covers all of that:

Mobile Connect and Mobile Voice Access

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wpxref99670

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Hi,

Anwers to your questions. Mobile connect does not prevent you from setting up mobile voice access. they work hand in hand.

It is not a must for you to be a mobile connect user to have access to mobile voice access. Any user can make mobile voice access call so long as the number you are calling from is configured as a remote destination. and you have a user in. If you are calling from a phone whose number is not setup as a remote detination, vxml will ask you for your remote destination number.; you have to provide this and it will ask you for your user pin. this pin is your ccm user pin.

Hence there are two levels of autentication=>the remote detination number and your ccm user pin.

After you have been autenticated you can call any number which you could call if you are using your ip desk phone.

See the atteched document in my previous posting.

Regards

Christian Ojum

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

christianojum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi clouqher,

To the best of my knowledge there is no way you can configure Mobile Voice Access (DISA) without a VXML gateway. Note that the number which the user has to call to get DISA access is a PSTN number which will be terminated on the gateway. (it cannot be an interal extension). Also note that the VXML application is different from the unity connection. The VXML is to be downloaded from the CCM to the gateway.

The two ways of configuring DISA that exist is either (1) using PRI or (2) using hairpin.

Either of these methods is easy to setup depending on your network. See the attached document for guide.

Please rate if this is heplful.

Regards.

Ok i have mobile connect setup already so shouldnt be too difficult to setup the mobile voice access as well.

Couple of qu's though:

Do you have to be a mobile connect user to dial the voice access number or can any user dial through from the pstn?

Is there an auth or pin code for security with this?

Are you restricted to only internal calls with this so could i lock down to an internal partition?

Great doco.

Cheers..

This doc covers all of that:

Mobile Connect and Mobile Voice Access

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wpxref99670

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

Anwers to your questions. Mobile connect does not prevent you from setting up mobile voice access. they work hand in hand.

It is not a must for you to be a mobile connect user to have access to mobile voice access. Any user can make mobile voice access call so long as the number you are calling from is configured as a remote destination. and you have a user in. If you are calling from a phone whose number is not setup as a remote detination, vxml will ask you for your remote destination number.; you have to provide this and it will ask you for your user pin. this pin is your ccm user pin.

Hence there are two levels of autentication=>the remote detination number and your ccm user pin.

After you have been autenticated you can call any number which you could call if you are using your ip desk phone.

See the atteched document in my previous posting.

Regards

Christian Ojum

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: