Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Change Region & VMail to GB

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

I think I must have downloaded every available file from the Cico web site, however to no avail.

Could someone please assist me with what file I requier to change the region and vmail setting language to UK - GB....

I am running the UC520 8.0.0 software pack which I think has upgraded the CUE to version 7.1.3, thus I downloaded the language packs for 7.1.3 for only CCA 2.2. to let me know I have the wrong software versions....

Could someone please list the files for me to download?

Many Thanks

Brian

26 Replies 26

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I was just going to copy my reply to your other threads here too, but reading your post it sounds like you have downloaded the right files and are having problems with applying them.  If I have understood you correctly, can you post details of the error you are getting and the CCA application log?

Cheers,

Dave.

Sorry, the penny has just dropped and I now realise what your problem is.  The language file version posted on the download site is for version 7.0.3 and the 8.0 bundle has 7.1.3 included.  My bad. :(

We will get the updated prompts uploaded to the download site ASAP, but in the meantime, you can download these files from the main Cisco software library.  Go to www.cisco.com/go/cue and select the download software link in the box on the right hand side and follow through from there.

In the meantime, I will get the prompts uploaded to the download site and update the thread when it is done.

Cheers,

Dave.

The prompts on the download page have now been updated to 7.1.3.  So you should be all good to go.

Cheers,

Dave.

Thanks Dave, Fingers crosses the CCA 2.2 software allows me to upload and make the changes.

Thanks

Brian

Hi Dave,

It seems I have been foiled again by the CCA 2.2 The file I downloaded to change the language to GB and the method to change the language doesnt work.

I have attached the error message as per the CCA system

:(

Did you grab the files from here?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9829

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Steven,

I pulled all the files that I could yet to no avail.

I have downloaded the UC8.0.zip file 3 times as in the previous threads when the file doesnt upload its either:

Dual nics enabled

Firewall enabled

or corrupt package

I have spent nearly two weeks trying to resolve this...

The only thing that I think it could be is the Java platform has a bug or the CCA has a bug or my install of windows 7 has a bug....

as I said in previous threads as well... On my old system i never had any issues but I never upgraded to these version of the software packs or used the latest version of CCA....

Just my thoughts... I know think I have a semi stable enviroment (i think) I have a sev 3 case open with cisco TAC to resolve my outstanding CUE / vmail issues no recognizing DTMF on external calls........

Thanks

Brian

Let me go back to the developers and see if they can find something different then.

Actually, it looks like the GB language file is corrupted.  Trying to sort it out now.  Will update the community again once it is resolved.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Are you sure the file is corrupted? I think it maybe a bug in CCA as when you try to switch the language of the vmail it informs you that the onyl way to do it is to upgrade through the CUE through the upgrade settings....

When you go to this option and select CUE it only prompts you for a *.pkg file.....

and I must have downloaded them all, but to no avail... I still have the US based vmail chick....

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

It is definitely *not* a CCA issue as you get the same behaviour if you try to change the language without CCA.

The way it works is that the pkg file you specify then points to a series of other files including the prompt files, and so technically it is possible that the checksum value in the pkg file might be incorrect.  But either way, we will get to the bottom of the problem and post a fix shortly.  I'm sorry it is taking so long, but this one is proving to be a little trickier than usual.

Cheers,

Dave.

Ok, it looks like we have this sorted now.  Long story, but it turns out the problem is not with the prompt files, but rather with the CUE software included in the 8.0 UC500 software bundle.  We have updated the bundle on www.cisco.com/go/uc500swpk, and I have just run a successful test on a uc520 here after re-downloading the software pack.

So download the 8.0 software pack again and try updating the language and you *should* be all good now.  If you still have problems, let me know.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Ah good news... So I should just use the upgrade feature on CCA 2.2 and select this new UC5208.0.0 file?

Are there any pre-prep steps that I should do before the upgrade?

Thanks

Brian

Hey Dave,

Just another quick one, at the install or default setup what file or files do I need to change the region to GB using the UC520 8.0.0 software pack?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: