cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS & MOC with Ext Mobility Device Name

rchilcote
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if I can use the Ext. Mobility (EM) device profile name for the SIP URI within Active Directory for remote call control from Microsoft Office Communicator (MOC) instead of the normal device name of the IP Phone (Ex. SEP001122334455)?  Just trying to see if using EM for all users will effect how MOC operates.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're correct.  You may choose from CUCIMOC or MOC RCC.  Use both is tech
nically possible be not recommended.

Generally speaking, CUCIMOC would be a simpler solution.  Because you don't have to install a CUPS server and troubleshoot the integration between CUPS and OCS.

On the other hand, CUCIMOC requires you installed plug-in on each MOC client.  You might have to deal with client security policies (espeically on Windows Vista and Windows 7).

My two cents.

Regards,

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Yes.  You can use EM profile name as device name.

Regards,

Michael

Thanks Michael.

A few more questions....  I just found out that the sales person on this job ordered a CUPS server and ordered CUCIMOC licenses using CUWL.  I have not used CUCIMOC yet, but I have integrated a CUPS server with MOC in the past. So, from what I'm reading it sounds like I have 2 paths to choose from here, either deploy CUPS server with RCC and Presence status or return CUPS server and just use CUCIMOC to integrate from MOC to CUCM server directly.  Is my understanding of CUCIMOC correct and which path would you suggest I take?  Would I have any issues with using Extension Mobility with CUCIMOC?

Also, does your newest Presence book cover CUCIMOC?

Thanks in advance.

You're correct.  You may choose from CUCIMOC or MOC RCC.  Use both is tech
nically possible be not recommended.

Generally speaking, CUCIMOC would be a simpler solution.  Because you don't have to install a CUPS server and troubleshoot the integration between CUPS and OCS.

On the other hand, CUCIMOC requires you installed plug-in on each MOC client.  You might have to deal with client security policies (espeically on Windows Vista and Windows 7).

My two cents.

Regards,

Michael

Perfect.  Thank you.

Hello There,

Interesting topic for me. Currently we have click to call working except for extension mobility users

after having upgraded to cups 7.0 (4).

OCSR1 - CUPs 7.0(4) - CUCM 5.1 (3)

I have an ext mob device profile name as Brett Codey and entered the Line URI field as follows:

tel:33340;phone-context=dialstring;device=Brett Codey

It doesnt work.

Can you provide info on the correct way of adding the ext mob device profile name.

Regards

Line_URI_extmob_profile.JPG

Hello There,

Interesting topic for me. Currently we have click to call working except for extension mobility users

after having upgraded to cups 7.0 (4).

OCSR1 - CUPs 7.0(4) - CUCM 5.1 (3)

I have an ext mob device profile name as Brett Codey and entered into the Line URI field as follows:

tel:33340;phone-context=dialstring;device=Brett Codey but it doesnt work.

Do you have any details as to how the ext mob device name should be entered into the Line URI field

for it to work?

Regards

Line_URI_extmob_profile.JPG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: