UCM 7.1 LDAP integration issue

Unanswered Question

we have UCM7.1 with LDAP sync setup. We have all our AD users in the Corporate Directory. But users are unable to find some people in the Corporate Directory which is synced with AD because we have a lot of people who go by their 'Known As' name which is in the Display Name field of AD and not their First Name. Their First Name has to remain as their formal first name as it is linked with our HR systems.

So users are used to looking up someone in outlook (which goes by the Display Name from AD) and so when they need to look someone up on the IP Phones they can’t find them.

When setting up the UCM LDAP sync I don’t have an option to be able to select the First Name in UCM to sync with Display Name in AD, it will always sync with First Name in AD.

TAC said this customization is possible, but not supported, so they won’t help; but they suggested I post something on a cisco support forum.

I’ve installed the IP Phone Services SDK and got as far as this:

http://www.blindhog.net/ldap-based-corporate-directory-via-cisco-ip-phone-services-sdk/

- which helps me create addiditional directories, but I still don’t know how to change which field in AD to sync with.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

Ashar

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion