Views
Helpful
Replies

7911 speaker phone issue

suraj12345
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Once I upgraded uc 500 to never version SBCS UC 520-8.0.0 , our 7911 phones work normally but speaker phone function is not functioning  .When we dial out using the speaker, we are not hearing the sound of the party we called .

Is there any thing i have do to enable this function

Regards,

Suraj kumar

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The 7911 Speaker phone is listen only.

Are you able to hit REDIAL soft key?

Are you able to hit NEWCALL soft  key?

Is the behavior for certain different from before the upgrade?

Steve

7911 listen to feature was working before upgrading the system.

Redial key yes it is working.

New call key yes that too works.

OK, thanks for the fast reply.

So what exactly doesnt work, that did work before?

Thanks for your patience.

Steve

Before the upgrade , when i press the new call soft key , I can hear the ring from the other end via speaker phone , once the caller is answered my call, I can lift the handset and then proceed with the conversation.

Now what happens to be I have to lift the handset and then proceed with the Dialout , because the speaker phone function is no more working.

I am seeing this too on my 7911 on the UC540-8.0.0 bundle zip, but to be honest, I never tried this extensively before.

I investigated and found that there was a bug opened by other customers, wanting the behavior to be as you notice it (and me too) now.  Something to do with reducing office noise and the fact that since the microphone is required to talk on the call, the softkey isnt recognized until you lift the handset.

I think this is just because 7911 (and 7906) does not have a real speaker phone - it only has a "monitor" mode for onhook listen only. The
assumption on an outbound call is that the caller must be able to talk, and this requires the handset mouth piece to be active. There is no
microphone in the 7911 phone base unit. So I think this is works as designed...

Hope this doesnt inconvenience you.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: