cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMM 5.1, Initial setup

Jacobsd
Level 1
Level 1

Just plugged in the new server for the DMM and went through the setup, but it didn't promt for the Video Portal setup.  We tried to connect to it via the web browser and cannot.  Not sure were we went wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David, you have two server appliances, right? Meaning, one appliance for DMM and another for Video Portal?

I know that you probably do. I'm just checking.

Thanks,

Gary

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

garyb
Level 1
Level 1

David, have you installed the license to manage your Video Portal?

No, does this get done from the workstation?

You use your web browser to operate the "DMS-Admin" module on your Digital Media Manager appliance.

In User Guide for Digital Media Manager 5.1 on Cisco.com, please see the "Managing Licenses for Features and Components of Cisco DMS" section in Chapter 2. The direct link to that section is http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_1/dmm/user/guide/admin.html#wp1139798.

I do need to do this still, however, is still get a blank page when trying to access the DMS Admin module using the IP that was configured.  Thanks.

Oh, all right. Then let's back up to the earliest stages of setup.

Does this quick start guide for a DMM appliance describe any high-level tasks that you don't remember completing? http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_1/dms/aai/quick/guide/dms51qsg.html

If you followed some other set of instructions, what was it?

Also, is this a brand-new setup or are you upgrading from an earlier release?

Thanks,

Gary

This link to the set up are the directions that I followed, and it never showed the video portal setup on the appliance.  It just had the DMM setup. This is a brand-new set up, we've never worked with this before.

And I didn't realize there is supposed to be a second appliance for the video portal.  I got the impression that it was all on the same appliance.  This could be an issue.  Thanks.

David, you have two server appliances, right? Meaning, one appliance for DMM and another for Video Portal?

I know that you probably do. I'm just checking.

Thanks,

Gary

Reading the setup a little more closely I do see they are different appliances.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: