cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 5.2.1 shows Ethernet1000M between WLC and 3750 switch

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

I am using LMS 3.2 with Campus 5.2.1 and the topology map is showing one Ethernet1000M bus between

the WLC 4402 and the 3750 switch instead of a direct connection.

The cdp info on both the WLC and the switch shows each other.

See the topology map attached.

Besides this, there are two connections between the WLC and the Ethernet1000M bus.

Only one physical port on the WLC is connected but there is a trunk on this port.

wlcint.JPG

On the switch the received IP address from the WLC cdp is the 172.22.2.16 (vlan 202).

On the WLC the received IP address from the switch cdp is 172.20.10.254 (vlan 10).

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the SNMP Walk output for the ciscoCdpMIB branch from both devices.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Doesn't the WLC talk only in GigabitEthernet (fibre or copper)?

See attached the SNMP Walk output for the ciscoCdpMIB branch from both devices.

This looks okay.  There could be bad data in the ANI database.  Try deleteing both of these devices from the map, then run a new Campus Data Collection, and see if the links go away.  That said, you may need to reinitialize your ANI database to clear the bad topo entry.

I have deleted both devices, the WLC and the switch, reinitialized the ANI database and run the collection again.

The topology is like before, with the Ethernet1000M  bus and the two links from the WLC to the bus.

Any other suggestion?

Based on just the CDP neighbor data, I don't see why this bus is occurring.  The reinit should have cleared any bad data up.  You may have another bug, but I don't have such a topology to test.  Open a TAC service request so the right debugging can be captured.

The TAC service request 613125017 was opened to handle this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco