Views
Helpful
Replies

config Archive Mgmt failed LMS 3.2

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

Archive mgmt failed for 14 devices and working fine for only 2 devices..The communicaion between the LMS and Switches is through SSH,but ssh also failed.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Look at frames 622 through 714.  You will see the login failure.  I'm guessing the other configs were archived using TFTP/SNMP.

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These errors point to incorrect credentials in DCR for these devices.  Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, and export the credentials for the affected devices.  Then, from the LMS server, verify that you can SSH to these devices, and login using the same credentials that are configured in DCR.  Verify you can get into enable mode using the same enable password which is configured in DCR.

Hi clarke,

I had verified the credentials,they are very correct,i have done the ssh from LMS itself from CM i did'nt receive any errors,.Still Archive mgmt fails.

Thanks,

Then go ahead and open a TAC service request so additional debugging can be done.

Hi clarke,

Am getting syslogs that user authentication failed by LMS in my syslogs,i verified the device and credentials from CS the password and username are correct,I have configured wrong credentials somewhere,can u help me to remind once more that where are the possibilities where i have mistakenly configured wrong credentials. OR to make default settings and  reenter the primary and enable password settings.

I have been through workflow assitant server setup there it is showing me as in the attached.It is not allowing me to chnage the default credentials,How can i do it????????

Ur help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Default credential sets are only applied to devices when they are added to DCR.  Once they are in DCR, modifying the credential sets will not change the credentials for the devices.  Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, select all of the devices you wish to update, and click Edit Credentials.  Bypass the first screen, then make all of the required credential changes you want, and click Finish.

Hey clarke,

Sorry to reply late,i have edited standard credentials as same as it is for default credentials and it worked,but for 1 of of the switches am getting partially collected,the error is vlan config fetch failed,startup and running are success but vlan  config failing,

what could be the possible reason.

Thanks

In order for RME to fetch the vlan.dat from a device, it must be able to login to the device using either telnet or SSH, then perform the command:

copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:

The TFTP URL is the IP address of the RME server.  So, try logging into the device using the same credentials that are in DCR, then try to manually TFTP the vlan.dat file to the RME server.  This will probably fail.  You will then need to fix what is causing it to fail.  The most common cause is TFTP being blocked in the network.

Hey Clarke,

Hope you;re doing well,

i have tried from ur below instructions,i have attached logs from packet capture and the tftp permission denied error.

Am receiving an error permission denied while copying vlan.dat file from switch to tftp server (LMS Server) same error i can see in packet capture,Is it anywhere in LMS server i have to give permission for TFTP server.

I tried installing a different vendor TFTP server but the LMS TFTP is listening on this port.How can i disable the tftp port on LMS server and open for open vendor product such tftpd32.exe OR solarwinds tftp server.

LMS Server IP add 10.28.73.50 and the switch IP add 10.28.72.2

Awaiting ur reply soon.

Make sure the casusers group has full control over the NMSROOT/tftpboot directory.  When performing the copy manually, you must first create an empty file in the tftpboot directory (with full control to the casusers group) before you will be able to write to it.  When LMS does the copy, it will create this file automatically.

Hey Clarke,

Here are the attached print screen for the permission what i applied on tftp directory and vlan.dat file in tftp directory folder,still the same error,the copy of vlan.dat file on another PC is success the problem is with the LMS tftp permission.Though i have given the full control permission to casusers and also to local users & groups it is popping me with the below error.

%Error opening tftp://10.28.73.50/vlan.dat (Permission denied).

Thanks.

You have extensions hidden.  Your vlan.dat file is actually vlan.dat.txt.  Go to a DOS prompt, and rename the file to vlan.dat, and then test the manual copy.

Hi clarke,

I have changed the extension and it was success to manual copy from switch to LMS the vlan.dat file size increased from 0 kb to 1 kb ,BUT when i try to do sync archive from RME it is failing.

Thanks for immediate reponse.

Start a new sniffer trace filtering on traffic between the device and the RME server, then perform a new Sync Archive job to that one device.  Post the capture file when it completes.

Hi clarke,

I tried with new sniffer trace here are the attached,i can see telnet sucess and also UDP but only for snmp no tftp.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: