Views
Helpful
Replies

6.0.188.0 Upgrade Issues

jcosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

I have just upgraded to 6.0.188.0 from 5.1.151

.0 and seem to have a problem mapping AP's to controllers.  Under High Availability I configure the name

and or the IP address of the primary controller and the AP never seems to go over.  I can reboot and it still do

es not go to the proper controller.  From the AP I can ping all of my controller interfaces but can't seem to get the AP over there. This function worked before the upgrade without any problem.  I am using 1130 AP's for the most part and it does not seem to effect all of the AP's.  Not sure what the issue is.  I am also using WiSM controllers.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not "and or".  You need to enter both the Name and Management IP Address.  You may also want to look at the AP Failover priority.

I have tried both name only as well as name and IP address and the behavior does not seem to change.  As far as failover priority all of the AP's are set the same.

You may want to check your controller settings to make sure that AP Fallback is still enabled.

Edit:  Sorry - I missed the statement that you had rebooted the APs after making the change.  That should have worked no matter what the fallback setting was.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: