cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1(3) - Forwarded calls do not go to voice mail.

rcoote5902_2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I have a group of users who all share the same administrative assistant.  All of their phones (7905's) are configured to forward-no-answer and foward-busy to the admins extension.  None of these folks have voice mail, except for the admin.

The problem I am facing is that when a call is forwarded to the admin, and she is also busy or cannot answer, the call goes to the default Cisco Unity Attendant, not the admins voice mail.  What would I need to correct in order for these fowarded calls to go to the admins voice mail in these cases?

Thanks,

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rob,

Sorry, I did not explain this too well I guess

You need to create a "new" profile that points to the Admin number, This

"new" profile will then be applied to the phones that you want to be able to forward

to this Admin number (Under>Device>Phone>Directory Number>Voicemail Profile)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

Hope all is well buddy!

If you look in CCM Admin there is an area called Voicemail Profile. This area allows you to configure a Profile that points to a specific DN/Voicemail Box. When you apply this Profile to DN's any call that forwards to the Voicemail System from these DN's will be directed to the specified Voicemail.

For example: you want all calls that go to DN's 3333,3444 and 3555 to go to the Admin mailbox. This "Admin" mailbox is on DN 3700.

You would create a Profile in CCM called "Admin Info" which points to DN 3700. Apply this profile to 3333,3444 and 3555 and when calls route through these numbers to voicemail they will recieve the Sales Info 3700 Greeting etc.

Hope this makes sense!

Rob

Hmmm...the voice mail profile points at the voice mail pilot, does it not?  We only have one profile for our entire cluster, and anyone with voicemail gets that profile.  It points to the pilot number configured on our Unity server...

Hi Rob,

Sorry, I did not explain this too well I guess

You need to create a "new" profile that points to the Admin number, This

"new" profile will then be applied to the phones that you want to be able to forward

to this Admin number (Under>Device>Phone>Directory Number>Voicemail Profile)

Cheers!

Rob

Couldn't you also do this using alternate extension on the Admin's subscriber profile in Unity?  Is there a reason to not do it this way?  It seems to me that this might be easier than setting up a new voicemail profile, especially if you need to do this for several executive / admin combinations.

Hey Rob,

Alternate Extensions are also an excellent plan for sure (+5 ponts :), the

only drawback is that there can be a Max of 9 Alt.Extensions. Sometimes

we need more than that. There is also a third choice which is a Forwarded

Calls Routing Rule on Unity/Unity Connection but I'm not sure this is available

on Rob's version.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: