Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM busy signal Question

rvillavi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

I would like to change the busy signal and the busy fast to a recording. So everytime someone call a busy phone o get a busy fast signal he will hear a recoding.

is there any way we Can we configure this on CUCM?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is absolutely NO way to do what you want.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

If you are running CCM prior to version 5 you could go to

C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\United_States (or whatever country locale you have loaded)

and find the files that are associated with "AnnBusyTone.wav"  and "AnnReorder.wav" (ulaw, alaw, g729).  These are the files that are downloaded to the phone to be played out on a routine basis, again based on the locale the phone is assigned to.  You will need to record them in the correct format with your custom message and copy them over the existing files.

The newer versions of CCM undoubtedly have the same files, or something every similar, but getting to them requires that you have root access to the opsys.  I know there are methods to get root access that are posted out on the web, but have not accessed Linux based CCM in this manner myself - so from here on you are on your own.

Keep in mind that this will NOT always provide the message in place of the busy or reorder signal.. The annuciator also has similar tone files as well that are played in certain circumstances. Additionally, if you have voice cut through and are getting a busy or reorder signal played from another switch none of these files will be played.

Good luck and have fun!

Art

Jason Burns
Level 1
Level 1

You could set the Call Forward Busy settings on all lines to forward to a CTI RP, lets say 33333, but it could be anything you wanted. Set this CTI RP 33333 (or whatever number you choose) to be CFA to VM.

In Unity create a call handler whose only function is to play whatever message you desire.

You could do the same thing with IPCC as well - just setup an IPCC script to handle the inbound call instead of having Unity do it.

Hope that helps!

-Jason