Views
Helpful
Replies

Web interface for Cisco 6506-E?

Michael Hutt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just brought my company's 6506 online and have been working to get it set up.  I managed to  install the latest .bin firmware s72033-ipbasek9-mz.122-33.SXI3.bin, but unlike our 2950s and 2960s at the edge, I cannot find any .tar format images with /html directories.

Where might I be able to find the web interface for our new 6500 series Switch?

For info:

Mod Ports Card Type                              Model              Serial No.
--- ----- -------------------------------------- ------------------ -----------
  1   48  CEF720 48 port 1000mb SFP              WS-X6748-SFP       SAL1338Z7F8
  2   48  CEF720 48 port 1000mb SFP              WS-X6748-SFP       SAL1339ZBU2
  5    5  Supervisor Engine 720 10GE (Active)    VS-S720-10G        SAL1337YJQH

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Note that CVDM is not being actively developed. I don't believe there's an official EOS/EOL announcement on it but you will find it doesn't support or recognize any cards released in the past 4-5 years.

The only sustainable path from Cisco for graphically managing Cat 6K's is to use the full CiscoView component - part of CiscoWorks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Michael

The 6500 is different from the lower end switches. It doesn't have a web interface as such.

You can use something called CVDM (Cisco View Device Manager) to manage -

CVDM release notes

Jon

Note that CVDM is not being actively developed. I don't believe there's an official EOS/EOL announcement on it but you will find it doesn't support or recognize any cards released in the past 4-5 years.

The only sustainable path from Cisco for graphically managing Cat 6K's is to use the full CiscoView component - part of CiscoWorks.

That's probably why it doesn't seem to work properly

Thanks for the help, I wasn't sure if something was missing on the switch or not.  I can live without a pretty GUI, though it's nice to have that kind of visual data in addition to the CLI.  I'll check out the CiscoWorks evaluation and see what that's all about, but it sounds expensive, so I'm not getting my hopes up

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: