Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA400 constantly rebooting

oehveding
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with a SPA400 constantly rebooting.
The problem occured when I did some changes in the "Voice"-tab.
I changed the "Caller ID/CP Tone Method" from american to european, and the SPA400 started rebooting constantly.

The only way I could avoid this was to reset the device and change the "Caller ID/CP Tone Method" before I did anything else.
But now I'm afraid to do any changes in the future, in case it breaks down again.

What could be the cause of this problem?

Regards

Øystein

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Just cam across another thread with similar problem:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/10474#10474

There is a link to newer (beta??) firmware 1.1.2.3 which might help your situ ?

Regards

Jim

View solution in original post

Hi Øystein,

Engineering are investigating several issues on the SPA400. I've shared this thread with them.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jim.snowdon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had similar problems after upgrading the firmware to 1.1.2.2, made some changes via the web interface and hey presto same problem as you. It got so bad that even a factory default reset would be ineffective and could not gian access to the interface at all. Had to return the unit for replacement.

Now the replacement is displaying odd behavoir after upgrade to 1.1.2.2 in that no changes via web interface are retained after restart. I too want to change the "Caller ID/CP Tone method" from "UK BT" to "UK CCA" as all my outbound calls on the FXO's are mis-dialing. Looks like another RMA case!

Possibly 1.1.2.2 is faulty firmware ?????

:(

Regards

Jim

Well, I'm using firmware 1.1.2.2 myself. So that might be the problem.

I think the web-UI is working really slow as well, so it might be a faulty firmware as you say..?

Regards

Øystein

Hi,

Just cam across another thread with similar problem:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/10474#10474

There is a link to newer (beta??) firmware 1.1.2.3 which might help your situ ?

Regards

Jim

Hi, Jim

Thanks for the link. I'll try that and se if it helps!

Regards

Øystein

Hi Øystein,

Engineering are investigating several issues on the SPA400. I've shared this thread with them.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: