dial-peer huntstop doubt

Answered Question
Dec 1st, 2009

Hello,

Before configuring this in a client UC520...

On my UC520 gateway configuration I have following setup: Two TDM lines, one principal (1), the other (2) supposed to be backup. Two identical dial-peers for every dialplan pattern, one with preference 1, the second preference 2, pointing to each line respectively, of course.

I need to ensure that all calls are being used on line 1, before using secondary backup line. (line 1 is cheaper)

Do I need to configure huntstop on the dial-peer too? Does this with just the preferences works as expected? If so, after all timeslots are being used on line 1, will huntstop not prevent using secondary line?

There is not much info on huntstop for dial-peers. I don't know if they work like the ephone-dn, regarding hunts.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Steven Smith about 6 years 12 months ago

Ephone-dn's are dial-peers.  It will work the same way with them. 

You should only need the preference to make this work.  Be aware though, that preference 0 is the default and will be taken over preference 1.  But, if all of the dial-peers are preference 1 and 2, preference 1 will always be picked first.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Steven Smith Tue, 12/01/2009 - 08:49

Ephone-dn's are dial-peers.  It will work the same way with them. 

You should only need the preference to make this work.  Be aware though, that preference 0 is the default and will be taken over preference 1.  But, if all of the dial-peers are preference 1 and 2, preference 1 will always be picked first.

francisco.fossa Tue, 12/01/2009 - 10:23

Ok, but will huntstop on first dial-peer prevent using the second line ever, if using preferences. My doubt is, behaving as a gateway, will the UC520 notice that line one is used always first?

What is huntstop good for????

Actions

This Discussion