cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN between 2 Cisco 1841 routers ( LAN to LAN)

s.nasheet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I need to connect two offices ( two different LAN's) together using cisco 1841 routers at both end.

Currently both cisco router are in working order and  acting as a internet gateway to the LAN clients. ( doing NAT).

Can anybody please advise what is the easiest method to configure VPN between two sites so that  LAN users at one office be able to access  the  email/application servers at the other LAN office.

I understand I need IPSec Site to Site VPN  ( i think).

Can anyonce please advise.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

s.nasheet wrote:

Hi ,

I need to connect two offices ( two different LAN's) together using cisco 1841 routers at both end.

Currently both cisco router are in working order and  acting as a internet gateway to the LAN clients. ( doing NAT).

Can anybody please advise what is the easiest method to configure VPN between two sites so that  LAN users at one office be able to access  the  email/application servers at the other LAN office.

Regards.

Yes, you do need a site-to-site VPN. Start with this link which gives a number of examples for configuring a S2S VPN between 2 Cisco routers -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html#anchor16

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

s.nasheet wrote:

Hi ,

Regards.

Yes, you do need a site-to-site VPN. Start with this link which gives a number of examples for configuring a S2S VPN between 2 Cisco routers -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html#anchor16

Jon

Jon,

Thanks.

Regards