VPN between 2 Cisco 1841 routers ( LAN to LAN)

Answered Question
Dec 1st, 2009
User Badges:

Hi ,

I need to connect two offices ( two different LAN's) together using cisco 1841 routers at both end.

Currently both cisco router are in working order and  acting as a internet gateway to the LAN clients. ( doing NAT).

Can anybody please advise what is the easiest method to configure VPN between two sites so that  LAN users at one office be able to access  the  email/application servers at the other LAN office.

I understand I need IPSec Site to Site VPN  ( i think).

Can anyonce please advise.

Regards.

Correct Answer by Jon Marshall about 7 years 7 months ago

s.nasheet wrote:

Hi ,

I need to connect two offices ( two different LAN's) together using cisco 1841 routers at both end.

Currently both cisco router are in working order and  acting as a internet gateway to the LAN clients. ( doing NAT).

Can anybody please advise what is the easiest method to configure VPN between two sites so that  LAN users at one office be able to access  the  email/application servers at the other LAN office.

Regards.

Yes, you do need a site-to-site VPN. Start with this link which gives a number of examples for configuring a S2S VPN between 2 Cisco routers -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html#anchor16

Jon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jon Marshall Tue, 12/01/2009 - 09:00
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

s.nasheet wrote:

Hi ,

Regards.

Yes, you do need a site-to-site VPN. Start with this link which gives a number of examples for configuring a S2S VPN between 2 Cisco routers -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html#anchor16

Jon

Actions

This Discussion