cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN between 2 Cisco 1841 routers ( LAN to LAN)

s.nasheet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I need to connect two offices ( two different LAN's) together using cisco 1841 routers at both end.

Currently both cisco router are in working order and  acting as a internet gateway to the LAN clients. ( doing NAT).

Can anybody please advise what is the easiest method to configure VPN between two sites so that  LAN users at one office be able to access  the  email/application servers at the other LAN office.

I understand I need IPSec Site to Site VPN  ( i think).

Can anyonce please advise.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

s.nasheet wrote:

Hi ,

I need to connect two offices ( two different LAN's) together using cisco 1841 routers at both end.

Currently both cisco router are in working order and  acting as a internet gateway to the LAN clients. ( doing NAT).

Can anybody please advise what is the easiest method to configure VPN between two sites so that  LAN users at one office be able to access  the  email/application servers at the other LAN office.

Regards.

Yes, you do need a site-to-site VPN. Start with this link which gives a number of examples for configuring a S2S VPN between 2 Cisco routers -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html#anchor16

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

s.nasheet wrote:

Hi ,

Regards.

Yes, you do need a site-to-site VPN. Start with this link which gives a number of examples for configuring a S2S VPN between 2 Cisco routers -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html#anchor16

Jon

Jon,

Thanks.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: