cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config Fetch Failed

russnash
Level 1
Level 1

The error message below is from a device that I am trying to sync a configuration, device is using TACACS:

RUNNING

CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING config fetch failed for ROUTER Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish a Telnet connection to

X.X.X.X Cause connection refused.

SSH: Same message as aboove except authentication failed on device 3 times.

ACTION: Check if protocal is supported and required on device package is installed.

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error about authentication is usually correct.  Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, select the device in question, then export the credentials.  Look at the CSV export, and take the username and password, and try to SSH to the device from the LMS server.  Verify you can login and get into enable mode using the same credentials in DCR.

I am not able to get SSH to the device with the ciscoworks username and password. Those are the credentials we are using.

But I am able to SSH with my username and password.

Then fix DCR, or fix your authentication database so that the credentials in DCR are able to login and enable on your devices.

How do I go about fixing the DCR to use the ciscoworks credentials?

Forget CWA.  Just go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, check the devices whose credentials you wish to change, then click the Edit Credentials button.  All the changes you make there will apply to all selected devices.

the credential we are using is working for some devices but not others? I changed one of the problem devices to my

TACACS username and password and that worked. Any suggestions?

DCR must have had bad credentials for this device, then.  Try changing the credentials back to the known-good credentials that are working with other devices, and see if the problem comes back.