Views
Helpful
Replies

OER - Active Probing

snarayanaraju
Level 4
Level 4
Dear Experts,
I am going thru OER configuration. While coming across CREATION OF ACTIVE PROBES, I learned that ative probes are synthetic/simulated traffic using IP SLA features.
I also understood that 2 types are there viz. Learned probes & Configured Probes.
Configured Probes are created using command active-probe under oer master. Then what is the difference between configuring active probes using IP SLA MONITORING and using ACTIVE-PROBE command. Is both are same?
Thanks in advance
sairam
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

snarayanaraju wrote:

Dear Experts,
I am going thru OER configuration. While coming across CREATION OF ACTIVE PROBES, I learned that ative probes are synthetic/simulated traffic using IP SLA features.
I also understood that 2 types are there viz. Learned probes & Configured Probes.
Configured Probes are created using command active-probe under oer master. Then what is the difference between configuring active probes using IP SLA MONITORING and using ACTIVE-PROBE command. Is both are same?
Thanks in advance
sairam

Sairam

OER just uses IP SLA underneath the hood so to speak. So by configuring an active probe within OER you are actually using IP SLA monitoring, just that you don't have to explicitly type out all the ip sla configuration.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

snarayanaraju wrote:

Dear Experts,
Thanks in advance
sairam

Sairam

OER just uses IP SLA underneath the hood so to speak. So by configuring an active probe within OER you are actually using IP SLA monitoring, just that you don't have to explicitly type out all the ip sla configuration.

Jon

Thanks Jon,

I got it. But now in this new screens I am not able to vote or rate yours solutions.

However I will rate full and I got the solution from your answer

sairam

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card