Views
Helpful
Replies

vwic2-1mft-g703

mulhollandm
Level 1
Level 1

folks

i have a point to point serial link (2mb) which my provider has recently installed

i had my routers, a 2821 & and 1841, configured with wic2t cards installed and the standard cables (smart serial with an x.21 at the other end)

however the provider now tells me i need a vwic2-1mft-g703 card at each end rather than the wic2t

i'm looking for a configuration guide and a cable specification, i.e. will cat5 ethernet link from the providers NTE to my vwic

the link is purely data, no voice

can anyone point me in the direction of a configuration guide for a simple point to point link over vwic2-1mft-g703

thanks to anyone taking the time to read this or contribute

greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If you can't see the controller, probably the card is not being detected. Please attach a "show ver", "show run" and "show diag" here so that I can go through them.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Here's the sample configuration we may use in this scenario

controller E1 3/0
channel-group 0 unframed
!
interface Serial3/0:0
ip address 40.0.0.1 255.255.255.0

You would have a controller already in the configuration. Once you can see the controller, you can go into the controller configuration mode and configure the channel-group as shown above. This would create a serial interface which you can configure just the way you would using a WIC-1T

Here's configuration document for this card

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1t/12_1t1/feature/guide/dtg703.html

Hope this helps

ronit

many thanks for your reply, its gratefully appreciated

i've tried the config commands on my routers, an 1841 & a 2821 but there is no controller command

i've looked for the relevant command reference guide but i can't find the command

can you point me in the right direction please?

thanks

Hi,

If you can't see the controller, probably the card is not being detected. Please attach a "show ver", "show run" and "show diag" here so that I can go through them.

ronit

many thanks again for your help

i hadn't installed the card so i thought i needed an ios upgrade

once i installed the card i could configure the controller and the interface

again, thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card