Views
Helpful
Replies

vwic2-1mft-g703

mulhollandm
Level 1
Level 1

folks

i have a point to point serial link (2mb) which my provider has recently installed

i had my routers, a 2821 & and 1841, configured with wic2t cards installed and the standard cables (smart serial with an x.21 at the other end)

however the provider now tells me i need a vwic2-1mft-g703 card at each end rather than the wic2t

i'm looking for a configuration guide and a cable specification, i.e. will cat5 ethernet link from the providers NTE to my vwic

the link is purely data, no voice

can anyone point me in the direction of a configuration guide for a simple point to point link over vwic2-1mft-g703

thanks to anyone taking the time to read this or contribute

greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If you can't see the controller, probably the card is not being detected. Please attach a "show ver", "show run" and "show diag" here so that I can go through them.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Here's the sample configuration we may use in this scenario

controller E1 3/0
channel-group 0 unframed
!
interface Serial3/0:0
ip address 40.0.0.1 255.255.255.0

You would have a controller already in the configuration. Once you can see the controller, you can go into the controller configuration mode and configure the channel-group as shown above. This would create a serial interface which you can configure just the way you would using a WIC-1T

Here's configuration document for this card

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1t/12_1t1/feature/guide/dtg703.html

Hope this helps

ronit

many thanks for your reply, its gratefully appreciated

i've tried the config commands on my routers, an 1841 & a 2821 but there is no controller command

i've looked for the relevant command reference guide but i can't find the command

can you point me in the right direction please?

thanks

Hi,

If you can't see the controller, probably the card is not being detected. Please attach a "show ver", "show run" and "show diag" here so that I can go through them.

ronit

many thanks again for your help

i hadn't installed the card so i thought i needed an ios upgrade

once i installed the card i could configure the controller and the interface

again, thank you

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card